Fresh Pointed Gourd – 500 gm
Fresh Pointed Gourd
Trichosanthes dioica, also known as parwal, parval, pointed gourd, Wild snake gourd, patola, green potato is a vine plant in the Cucurbitaceae family, similar to cucumberand squash, though unlike those it is perennial. It is a dioecious vine plant with heart-shaped leaves and is grown on a trellis.
Storage and Uses
Refrigerate in a loosely sealed plastic bag. It keeps well for upto 7 days. Do not store florets for more than 5 days. Cooked and used in soups, rice, curries are one of the most liked recipes.
Ayurvedic Health benefits of pointed gourd
- Headache: Crush the roots of pointed gourd and make paste and apply it on your forehead and let it dry.
- Wounds: Prepare root decoction of pointed gourd and use it to wash your wounds.
- Alopecia Areata: Crush leaves of pointed gourd to make paste and apply over bald patches. Wash when it dries.
- Liver disease: Take 2 tsp leaf juice of pointed gourd once a day.
- Blood Purifier: Consume 20 ml pointed gourd juice thrice a week, it is beneficial for blood.
- Cough: Make a root decoction of pointed gourd and drink 5 ml twice a day.
- Skin diseases: Take a 1 tsp leaf juice of pointed gourd and add same amount of honey in it and take it with warm water.
|Dimensions||100 × 80 × 70 cm|